- 1984-1989: B.Sc. Degree in Mathematics, University of Crete.
- 1990-1991: M.Sc. in Information Technology, Department of Electrical Engineering, University of London.
- 1991-1992: M.Sc. in Distributed and Paralel Systems, Department of Computer Science, University of London.
- 1998-2003: Ph.D. Degree, Ph.D Thesis: «Advanced Management Systems for the provision of Absolute and Relative Differentiation of Quality of Service in IP Networks», Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering, National Technical University of Athens.
- 2005-2011: M.Eng. Degree in Electrical and Computer Engineering, Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering, National Technical University of Athens.
- D. J. Vergados, K. Kralevska, Y. Jiang and A. Michalas, "Local Voting: A new distributed bandwidth reservation algorithm for 6TiSCH networks", Computer Networks, Elsevier, Vol. 180, October 2020.
- Emmanouil Skondras, Angelos Michalas, Dimitrios D. Vergados, “Mobility Management on 5G Vehicular Cloud Computing Systems”, Vehicular Communications Journal, Elsevier, vol. 16, pp. 15-44, April 2019
- A. Michalas, A. Sgora, D.D. Vergados "An Integrated MIH-FPMIPv6 Mobility Management Approach for Evolved-Packet System Architectures", Journal of Network and Computer Applications, Elsevier, Vol. 91, pp. 104-119, August 2017,
- D. J. Vergados, A. Michalas, A. Sgora, D. D. Vergados, and P. Chatzimisios, “FDASH: A fuzzy-based MPEG/DASH adaptation algorithm,” IEEE Syst. Journal, vol. 10, no. 2, pp. 859–868, June 2016.
- N.I. Miridakis, D.D. Vergados, A. Michalas, “Dual-hop Communication over a Satellite Relay and Shadowed Rician Channels”, IEEE Transactions on Vehicular Technology, vol.64 Issue 9, pp.4031–4040, Sept. 2015.
- Miridakis, N.I.; Vergados, D.D.; Michalas, A., "Performance Analysis of Successive Decoding Based on Shadowing Side Information Under Non-Identical Composite Fading/Shadowing Channels," IEEE Transactions on Wireless Communications, vol.14, Issue 9, pp.4835-4846, Sept. 2015.